2015 Kids Summer Camp Riding Programs
At First Class Horse Complex young riders ages 7 to 17 learn the safe and proper way to ride. First Class Kids Camps will instill lasting principles such as responsibility, confidence, trust and self-reliance.
- Week long camps concentrating on developing young riders to learn all about horses not just riding them.
- Activities include horsemanship training, barn management skills, catching horses, grooming, saddling, and riding.
- Young riders learn responsibility and team building skills.
Everyday campers will be exposed to everything about horses. Upon arrival there will be discussion about horses followed by learning about the day to day management of a horse farm. The campers will have hands experience to physical care of horses. Next the campers will get horses and start grooming, followed by tacking up their horse, groundwork and riding until lunch. After lunch the campers will spend afternoon reviewing and practicing what was learned in the morning session. Throughout the day there are discussions about horse care, horse psychology and horse wellness. By the end of the day the campers will learn about horses as well as self-reliance, self-confidence and responsibility.
Owning a horse is not a requirement to participate in Kids Camps.
9:30am - Campers arrive
9:30am to 10:30am - Hands on horse discussion. (This can include learning parts of the horse, saddle and bridle, cleaning stalls, sweeping etc.)
10:30am to 12:00pm - Grooming, groundwork and riding
12:00pm to 12:45pm - Lunch
12:45pm to 3:15pm Grooming, groundwork and riding
3:15pm to 4:00pm Put horses away, clean-up
4:00pm to Camper pickup
Youth Riding Clinics - COMING SOON
Young Rider Clinics are specifically designed for the young rider (10-17) who chooses to advance their riding skills. Young Rider Clinics are two or three intense days of horses and horsemanship. These clinics are designed to meet the requirements and requests of young riders. Separate clinics are scheduled and developed for different levels of riders - beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Advances leadership skills in horse handlers and riders so the horse will prefer to follow.
- Focused on horsemanship, horses, and horse care.
- Guest speakers are invited to discuss singular aspects of horses and their care.
- Riders and handlers are properly educated about balance, timing and feel.
- Specializes in enhancing knowledge in horse psychology and attitude.
- Limited to only 10 riders per clinic.
Owning a horse is not a requirement to participate in Young Rider Clinics.